Since the time of its founding in 1982, Saint Paul Catholic High School has distinguished itself throughout the Niagara Region and beyond. Through the efforts of dedicated staff, committed students and tremendous support from parents, Saint Paul has become not only a premiere high school, but a vibrant community. Built on the core teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church, Saint Paul Catholic High School seeks to nourish its students in Gospel values and to provide a faith based, Christ centered educational experience for all. As Principal, it is my goal to ensure that each and every student who enters these doors discovers a community of faith worthy of their dedication as they set the course for their future.
I welcome back all returning staff and students to Saint Paul and wish them a very exciting and productive year. I am particularly pleased to extend a special greeting to our incoming Grade Nine class. As the newest Patriots I invite you to explore all that Saint Paul has to offer and immerse yourself in the culture of your new school. Your school offers an exceptional spiritual, academic and co-curricular program. By becoming actively involved in your school
community you allow yourself to reach your full potential and to broaden your horizons as you work toward becoming a Saint Paul graduate.
Saint Paul Catholic High School, as part of Niagara Catholic District School Board, aspires to have each Catholic Graduate strive to be:
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
- An effective communicator, who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work that respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
- A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish and the wider community.
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of life.
As you embark on your journey for another school year I offer you my best wishes for a most fulfilling experience here at Saint Paul Catholic High School. Remember to seek the truth, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself and to put your best foot forward in all that you do.
Mr. Brad Johnstone